Windows, Linux and OSX
The Intergalactic Trashman mixes a 2D platform game with a space exploration one.
Navigate through the space, land on a planet, explore it, solve puzzles, and face many other challenges while you continue discovering the galaxy. On some planets, you’ll find entrances to 2D platform stages with different themes such as: factories, jungles, temples or castles. These stages have a lot of enemies, but you also have a good set of weapons to get rid of them. But not everything is action, you’ll need to resolve puzzles as well.
This combination of different game mechanics is The Intergalactic Trashman’s strong point. We want to achieve a ‘sandbox’ vibe in a 2D game, a sensation of continuity, cohesion and hugeness. The storytelling is the game spine, our objective is a story driven game and not a shooter with a weak plot that serves as an excuse for killing everything in your way.
After The Last War, the entire galaxy was filled with rubbish, and that’s why the entrepreneur, philanthropist and scientific Nikola Hobbes founded the ‘Intergalactic Trashmen’ company: to recycle tons of reusable and valuable materials spreaded throughout the galaxy.
Kepler works in that company, and the game will take you with him in his journey through the space after he finds his friend and mentor, Goyold, seriously injured. He was investigating one mysterious factory that had appeared in the galaxy with no clear purpose when he was attacked. Kepler will continue Goyold’s investigation, looking for factories throughout the galaxy to unravel the mystery, and he will find himself involved in a conspiracy of epic proportions…
- - Kepler is our main character and your avatar in the game. He’s a little and cute creature, and he always go with his loyal partner Xana.
- - You have several abilities to deal with the stages characteristics such as the dash and the rope. Both help you to reach high places or to avoid chasms, but since the dash is not infinite, the combination of both of them will be a powerful help.
- - Change your weapon whenever you need it: sword, pistol, shotgun, assault rifle, grenade, mine,… Kepler also has a decoy to distract the enemies or to get rid of them silently.
- - Discover new galactic sectors and planets with Kepler’s spaceship, solve different puzzles in order to find your way through the space and to be able to collect all the trash and the collectible items.
- - Kepler’s spaceship has abilities too, such as the turbo and the dash, and power-ups like the shield, turbo refill, etc. But it has a lot of weapons as well: lasers, missiles, mines, decoys, etc.
- - If you can’t reach a planet with your ship, maybe you could jump from a closer spot with Kepler’s planetary jump ability!
- - Go through platform stages with different themes such as noisy factories, dense jungles, mysterious castles, majestic temples and stinky dumps.
- - Enjoy diverse stage types for both game mechanics such as: running stages, against time stages, pure platform stages, action-focused stages,…
- - You will be able to talk with your ship partners, in order to discover their histories and to get missions to do. Furthermore, there will be characters to interact with through the galaxy.